Before booking an event at VCU here are 13 Things to Know
Q. How do I make an online credit card payment?
To make an online credit card payment for one of your events please click here. Input your six digit EMS Reservation ID number and your total amount due stated at the bottom of your invoice, and your email to proceed with making a payment. VCU & VCU Health System Departments enter the physical street and zip code for the payment. DO NOT use the PO Box and University zip code.
Q. What are the procedures for university sponsored events associated with alcohol?
- Please review the VCU Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy for compliance. Following your review of the policy, if your event is applicable, please fill out the VCU Alcohol Authorization Form. Email email@example.com or The Wellness Resource Center at 804.828.9355 with further questions or concerns.
Q. What if I have minors (under 18, not a VCU Student) attending my event?
- For an event/conference hosting minors for a single day event please have a guardian complete the Participant Waiver of Liability and Release Form
- For multi-day program with minors on campus, please see the policy through the VCU Mary and Frances Youth Center here.
Q. How do I set up my Virtual EMS account?
Q. How do I request a room?
- VCU faulty, staff and students can follow the Virtual EMS room request instructions. External clients can use the Event Request Form for single or multi-day events or Conference Request Form for summer conferences with housing.
Q. What the are guidelines for space usage and reservations on campus?
- Please see our guidelines for indoor and outdoor space usage and reservations on campus here.
Q. When can departments and student orgs book space?
- Please visit our reservation timeline here.
Q. What does it mean that you are a one-stop shop?
- Throughout the conference and event planning process, you will have:
- One contact to help you secure all university services
- One contract covering all services received from the university
- One itemized bill for all services provided by the university
Q. I would like to have a summer conference at VCU. How do I start?
- Complete the Conference Request Form.
Q. My summer conference comes to VCU every year. Do I still have to fill out a space request form?
- We do ask that you fill out a Conference Request Form each year, as policies, rates and/or dates may change.
Q. What is the cancellation policy for events?
- We follow each department or building’s scheduling policy, so you will be charged based on the specific location of your event. Please work with your campus scheduling services coordinator for information about your specific event.
- Events can be canceled at no charge with notice given 60 days prior to the event start date. Any cancellations 60 or less days before your event will result in forfeiting your deposit. Cancellations 15 days or less prior to your event will result in forfeiting your deposit and paying any applicable room fees, including setup fees, catering and AV techs.
Q. What are the insurance requirements to host an event at VCU?
- VCU internal groups are covered by VCU insurance liability. The policy covers the University, its board, officers, employees, students (under certain circumstances) and agents while they are acting within the scope of their employment or authorized assigned duties under the direction of the University, whether on or off campus.
- External entities require proof of insurance in the amount of no less than $1,000,000 for liability. Your event will not be confirmed finalized till proof of this insurance is given to our office. Proof of insurance is due two weeks in advance of your event.
Q. Are we required to use VCU Catering for our events and conferences?
- While VCU Catering is the most convenient to use since they are located on campus, there is no requirement to use VCU Catering. We can help you find a caterer or you can choose your own caterer and we will coordinate with them.